Five months and lots of hibernation and this sweater is finally done! I’m not entirely happy with it but it’s done and it’s wearable so I’ll take it. I ripped out the lower half and added more shaping but by the time I finished I was a slightly different body shape than when I started so it fits kind of funny. It may take a trip through the dryer eventually to shrink it up.
One thing that irked me about the end result was the stitches that showed through at the color change.
Lessons learn with this:
- I CAN graft 440 stitches together and it will look good
- If you knit a sweater in the postpartum year, don’t make a shaped one
- I need to start erring on the side of too small rather than too big with sweaters so I don’t keep ending up with bulky ones